E-way bill stands for Electronic Way bill that transporters carry on with them while transporting goods valued more than 50,000/-.
What is an E-way Bill?
E-way bill is used when you are transporting goods valued equal to or more than 50,000. This can be generated easily on the eWay Bill Portal. A GST-registered company is not allowed to transport goods whose value is more than Rs. 50,000 without an eWay bill which can be generated on ewaybillgst.gov.in
E-Way bill is also can be generated through SMS, Android application, and site-to-site integration through API by entering the correct GST number. You have to use the GST search tool before using it to generate an eWay bill through site-to-site integration through API. When the company generates an eWay bill then an EBN number is allocated and is available to the recipient, supplier, and transporter.
When Should E-way Bill be issued?
E-way is generated when there is the transportation of goods in a vehicle valued more than or equal to 50,000/-.
To supply goods
the reason other than supply such as the return of goods
When an unregistered person transports the goods
For this, supply may be either of the following.
Supply is made for a consideration that is not in the course of business.
Thus, transporters must generate eWay bills on the eWay bill portal. For some goods, eWay is important to generate even if the value of the goods is less than Rs. 50,000.
- Interstate transportation of goods by the principal to the job worker by the registered job worker.
- Interstate transportation of handicraft goods by a dealer that is excluded from GSTIN.
Who should Generate an E-way Bill?
Registered company: eWay bill is important when there is the transportation of goods valued more than Rs. 50,000. Registered companies or transport companies may choose to generate and carry away bills when the value of goods is less than Rs. 50,000.
Unregistered Company: Unregistered companies can also have to generate eWay bills. Receivers have to ensure compliance when they receive goods supplied by an unregistered person.
Transportation company: A transporter who carries goods by road, air, rail, water, etc. has to generate an eWay bill if the supplier has not generated one.
- Individually (one document) is equal to or less than Rs. 50,000
- More than one (all documents together) exceeds Rs. 50,000.
The document includes the Delivery challan Bill of supply or Tax Invoice
Transporters who don’t have GSTIN will receive a Transport ID on the eWay bill portal after which an eWay bill can be generated.
Situations when eWay bill isn’t Needed
In the accompanying cases creating an e-Way Bill isn’t required:
The method of transport is a non-engine vehicle
- Merchandise moved from a Customs port, air terminal, air freight complex, or land customs station to Inland Holder Stop (ICD) or Compartment Cargo Station (CFS) for freedom by Customs.
- Merchandise moved under Customs watch or under customs seal
- Merchandise moved under Customs Bond from ICD to Customs port or starting with one custom station then onto the next.
- Travel freight shipped to or from Nepal or Bhutan
- Development of merchandise brought about by guard arrangement under Service of safeguard as a shipper or proctor
- Void Freight compartments are being moved
- Sender moving products to or from between business environment and a weighbridge for weighing a ways off of 20 km, joined by a Conveyance challan.
- Merchandise is being moved by rail where the Dispatcher of products is the Focal Government, State Legislatures, or a neighborhood authority.
- Merchandise specified as absolved from E-Way bill necessities in the particular State/Association domain GST Rules.
- Transport of specifically indicated merchandise Incorporates the rundown of excluded supply of products, Annexure to Govern 138(14), products treated as no stock according to Timetable III, Certain timetable to Focal expense Rate warnings. (PDF of Rundown of Merchandise).
- Note: Part B of the e-Way Bill isn’t expected to be filled where the distance between the consigner or representative and the carrier is under 50 Kms and transport is inside a similar state.
State-wise E-way Bill Rules and Cutoff points
Between State development of products has seen ascend in quantities of the age of way charges since its execution started on the first of April 2018. State-wise execution of the e-way bill framework has seen a decent reaction with every one of the States and Association Regions joining the association in the age of waybills for the development of products inside the State/UT.
Nonetheless, reliefs have been given to individuals of a few States by excluding them from away bill age in the event of financial cutoff points falling beneath the limit sum or certain predetermined things. For Example, Tamil Nadu has excluded individuals of its State from the age of the eWay bill assuming that the financial furthest reaches of the things fall beneath Rs. One Lakh. To know a greater amount of such reliefs for different States/UTs, visit our page on state-wise e-way charge rules and limit limits or on the other hand really take a look at the separate business charge sites for every one of such States/UTs.
How To generate E-way bill on Portal
To generate an eWay bill on its official portal, all you need to do is go on the Portal and log in using.
Step 1: First, log in to the eWay bill system.
Enter your Username, pass, and Captcha code, and then click on ‘Login’.
Step 2: Click on ‘Generate new’ under the ‘E-waybill’ option which appears on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
Step 3: Enter the following fields :
SMS E-way bill generation
You can create e-way charges through SMS utilizing an unlisted cell phone. All can start by empowering the SMS e-way bill production office. Register the cell phone to be utilized for SMS office of e-way bill age. From that point, send basic SMS codes to a specific versatile number overseen by the e-way bill gateway/GSTN to create, oversee and drop e-way charges. For additional subtleties, read our article on the SMS method of the e-way bill age.
Documents required to generate E-way Bill
Invoice/ Bill of Supply related to the consignment of goods
Transporter GSTIN or ID
Transport by railway, air, or ship – Transporter ID, Transport document number, and date on the documents.
Validity of E-way Bill
The legitimacy of the e-way bill relies upon the distance to be gone by the products. For a distance of under 100 Km, the e-way bill will be legitimate for a day from the important date. The legitimacy will be extra one day from the pertinent date for each 100 Km from there. The “pertinent date” will mean the date on which the e-way bill has been produced and the time of legitimacy will be counted from the time at which the e-way bill has been produced and every day will be counted as 24 hours. By and large, the legitimacy of the e-way bill can’t be broadened.
Notwithstanding, the Chief might broaden the legitimacy time frame simply via the issue of notice for certain classes of merchandise which will be determined later. Further, if under conditions of an excellent nature, the products can’t be shipped inside the legitimacy time of the e-way charge, the carrier might produce another e-way bill subsequent to refreshing the subtleties To some extent B of Structure GST EWB-01.
E-Way is most important while you are transporting goods valued over 50,000. Generating an eWay bill is very easy as you have to go to one GST eWay bill portal and generate it just by giving some information.